Listers,
After we applied the Daylight Saving time patches, we started to pay
more attention to time zone issues.  Note, I don't think the DST patch
caused this, but caused us to look into time fields more closely.  We
found that for report run from Report Creator form, any queries against
date fields weren't adjusted for difference between our zone (EST) and
GMT.  The Report Creator form is used for running Crystal Reports
within ARS, or running ARS reports and Crystal Reports thru the
MidTier.  Whither we ran Crystal Reports or ARS reports from the web,
or Crystal Reports from the client; we got the same results.  If I ran
the same query in User tool the query ran correctly.  All the tools
display the dates correctly in the reports or on the forms.

To investigate this, I turned on SQL logging and repeated the same
queries from the Report Creator and from User search.  The Select
statements vary within the where clause in the constant used against
the date column.  The difference is 14400 seconds or 4 hours.  That is
the difference between us and GMT.

Our systems people are looking into time zone on the server, but I am
doubtful this is the problem.  However, I don't have a good culprit to
pursue.  Anyone seen this before or have a clue as to where to look to
resolve this.

Mark Whilden
MITRE Corp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]