________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Frank Caruso
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 12:31 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Updating a server via coping files directly

** A couple of thoughts:

1. Since the production database has already been upgraded to patch 20
then I would think re-running the installer on the other box would do
nothing to the database. I believe it checks a table (control???) for
the dbase patch version.

2. If the other box has version of ARS (say p19 installed) could you not
just copy the entire ARS directory (/opt/ar/ or /usr/ar) from the p20
server to the new other server? This would capture all ARS binaries,
libs, so, etc.

I do remember seeing something about how p20 file down load did not
include all of the files, and that users had to download  the installer
to get the missing ones.

Frank