From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 5:03 PM
Subject: Operational Categories vs. Product Cat in 7.0

**
Hi All -

Within 7.0, my understanding is that the operational categories is a listing of
the operational services that the help desk provides, such as adding user
accounts, changing server passwords.  And the operational catalog contains
items that represent symptoms of incidents or problems such as application
failure and network failure.

Typically operational categories are actions/services - (install, add user
account, upgrade).

One of our team members named the Operational Category:
Tier 1 Software
Tier 2 Server
Tier 3 Upgrade

Out of the Box, the Operational Category Tier was (services):
Tier 1 Add     ------------------------- Action
Tier 2 User     ------------------------- Descriptive
Tier 3 Account   ----------------------- Descriptive

If our product categories are named similar as the operational categories, what
kind of impact will this have on our workflow in terms of problem/incident
management as far as ITIL.  (For example on Tier 1, both the operational and
product categories = "Software")

See what's free at AOL.com.