Joe,

The install order is
1. ARS + componenets (email engine, mid-tier,
flashboards....)
2. Install CMDB (CMDB 2.0.1 Patch 3)
3. Approval Server
4. Assignment engine
5. Install the application licenses
6. Install applications (Problem, Incident, Change,
Asset)

As for patch levels, ARS 7.0.1 Patch 001. Use the
patch installers.

There is more information on the ITSM 7 Install guide
which you can download from supportweb

Make sure you have a few beers to get you through all
the waiting for the installs to complete :-)

Good luck!

Saby