From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 9:40 AM
Subject: Problem adding test users to version 7

**
Good morning.

While hoping to upgrade to AR 7 this summer, I am having a strange problem
while testing version 7.  I have installed the demo version of AR 7 on a test
server using MS SQL 2005.  Initially it seemed to work quite well while leaning
some of the new screens.  I added a few users and groups successfully.  However
after a short period of evaluation the system would not let me add any new
users.  I know about the demo limit of three write licenses, however it will
not allow any type of user to be added. I can remove users and edit existing
ones, but when I try to add a new one no matter what I put in the required
fields I get this error message:

“ARERR [382] The value(s) for this entry violate a unique index that has been
defined for this form.”

I have checked the “User” form in the Admin tool, but according to Form
Properties there is no unique index??
I do a “clear all fields” before typing in the required data also.
I have searched in the Knowledgebase on the BMC web site and have also searched
the archives of the list, but could not find any possible solution.  I did turn
on the logs but found no help there.  I am not very familiar with SQL as it
appears to be some kind of possible corruption in the database.  Any ideas or
suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

David
East Tennessee State University