From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 3:43 PM
Subject: Incident Management customizations

Hi listers,

ARS 7.0.01 patch 001

We are currently upgrading from Helpdesk 4.03 to Service Desk 7.0. We have
installed a vanilla copy of Service Desk on our test server. I am now making
minor customizations to the Incident form to meet our needs. Because of our
environment (University Campus), we will not have all 25,000
students/faculty/etc. defined in the People form (we will use LDAP to pull
customer information). Only support staff (multiple Helpdesks/Tier2/Tier3)
staff will be defined in the People form.

We want the Customer tab on the Incident form to be strictly information coming
from LDAP (not the People form). I am modifying the Customer tab to include our
(the University's) unique ID (UCID) to perform LDAP lookups for customer
information (which includes Department, Email, Name, etc.). I am to the point
where I can do all of this however, there are some (but probably many) active
links that want the Person ID field to be filled in. I can see that this field
is populated with the Person ID from the People form.

My current thought is to put our unique ID (UCID) into this field and continue
on, but I'm not sure what else I'm breaking by doing this.

Does this break anything else? Should I just leave this field blank, and
disable all the workflow relating to the Person ID on the Incident/Problem
forms?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Derek