Hello

Its been a while since I looked through my ARS emails so maybe you've
had an answer to this by now.

But in case you haven't, maybe this might be an option for you.  It
stops the user from entering more characters than the field can accept
(on mid-tier that is) and looks a bit similar to the code that the
knowledgebase gave you for the active link.

Add the following to the "Source" tab of the fixed view:

<SCRIPT>

document.FormFields.F536870919.maxLength="69";
document.FormFields.F536870926.maxLength="50";

</SCRIPT>

This goes just before:

</BODY></HTML>

The number after FormFields.F is the field ID of the field, the length
of which you want to restrict.  You can put in lots of different fields,
separated by semicolons.

I used this some time ago with version 5.1.2 (on a windows web server)
and it worked on all fields, with the one exception of a field which was
3000 characters long.

Hope that helps
Isabel