Listers,

On one of the custom forms, I have a date/time field with display type as
"date". On the remedy client, if I set the  date format to dd/mm/yyyy and then
import a record(using import tool), the date/time field defaults to 1/1/1970
for all the records imported.
I then tried creating a date field and followed the same process as above and
when I imported the records, it works fine.It displays the expected date.

However if I can change the date format on the client tool to mm/dd/yyyy, then
everything works fine.

What could be the possible problem? Is this how the date/time field works or am
I missing any setting change.?

P.S On the import tool also date format is set to dd/mm/yyyy.

Thanks
Anoop.