Colin,

I have found thru bitter experience, that it is best not to touch the existing fields. They might be used in existing workflow in convoluted ways. I added my own temp fields and hid them. You can add them in any 1 view (or all of them).

Remember, the Login ID field should be added and arranged in all applicable views though...

Murtuza

From: "Chapman, Colin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Login Id field in Incident Management - Requestor ID ?
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 17:54:49 -0400

 Murtuza, thanks a bunch for your response, its much appreciated.

 I am half-way there, having trouble figuring out exactly how the "z1D
Charnn" fields are set.

 Should I use one of the existing "z1D Charnn" fields for the Login ID
or should I create a new one ?

 If I can use an existing one, how do I know which one I can use ?
 If I need to create a new one how do I do that ? These fields are not
in any HPD:HelpDesk view,
  yet I see them in the avaialable fields.

Roger, yes I asked Remedy and they could not find the Requestor ID
field, and said
       to create a new field on the HelpDesk form.
       I did a google on it and it was said to be on the SRM:Request
form
       but I can't find it there either

thanks,

Colin