Hi Rick,
While installing MT on my machine (with 1.5.0_11 Java SDK,Tomcat 5.0 already installed), a warning message was displayed saying that the java version on my machine is not compatible as per its requirements. And so the MT may not work properly. So I made few experiments with the installation and found the following. Actually, whenever we start installation of MT, it looks in the registry for the version of jdk. Since it doesn't find path of JAVA_HOME over there, it was giving the above warning. Ignoring it, setup continues and completes successfully. You can either go for the solution you mentioned....

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit\1.5
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit\1.5.0_11 Or you can simply set the JAVA_HOME in environmental variables. This will override its absense in the registry
and....all will work smoothly.

Thanks,
Anshuman

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

www.vyomlabs.com
Consulting | Oursourcing | Training || BMC Remedy BSM | ITIL | IT Governance

Rick Cook wrote:
**
Guys, just a heads-up on this one for those doing new installs. Support clued me into it when trying to solve a larger MT install problem. If you plan to use the 1.5.0_11 Java SDK, know that it has a bug that prevents it from writing its install path to the Registry. This prevents the Mid-Tier install from seeing that the JDK is installed at all. The workaround is to either use another version or to manually enter the path in the following places:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit\1.5

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit\1.5.0_11

*Rick Cook*
*Remedy Skilled Professional*
*Cook Enterprises*