Running ARS 5.1.2

The incident table in our application was becoming a bit cumbersome, so
we created a stored procedure to archive records that have been closed
with a last modified date greater than 180 days old.  In extreme cases,
our analysts sometimes reopen old tickets for various reasons.
Currently, our advice to them is to search the incident form, and if the
ticket isn't found there, to open our archive_incident form and search
there.

My functional would like me to create workflow that will allow our
analysts to search both forms simultaneously.  I know of one way to do
this, but I'm curious if any of you know of a better, or different way.
My suggestion was to create 2 table fields, one that populates from the
incident form, and one that populates from the archive_incident form and
refresh them based on analyst input (namely, an incident number).  This
works, but I'm up against a space constraint on the form in question, as
well as a general resistance to change of any kind.

I don't know of any other way to search two forms at the same time, but
I figured if there was another way, this community would know about it.

Thanks,

Michael A. McManus, SrA, USAF

Remedy Developer

HQ 754 ELSG/DOOH