  -----Original Message-----
  From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Liz Feulner
  Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 1:38 PM
  To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
  Subject: Report destination to file problem

  **
  ARS 6.3 HD 6.0 Oracle 10g Windows 2003

  Everyone can run Reports from the report link on the console using the
client if they leave the default destination of Screen.  People would like
to save the report to excel but are unable to get the export dialog to
appear.  When they choose Destination: File and press Run Report, there is
no response.   For some the export dialog appears and works.  I've been
trying to find some commonality between those that can open the export
dialog and those that can't, but haven't found anything yet.

  For example, Sue doesn't get the export dialog box at her pc.  Her home
directory is her K drive.  She has crpe32.dll in
C:\ProgramFiles\ARSystem\Home.  But, when she comes over to my pc, the
export dialog comes up and she can save the report as excel or pdf.  My home
directory is C:\ProgramFiles\ARSystem and have crpe32.dll in the same
folder. I have crystal installed on my pc, but the others don't.  I have
admin permissions, the others do not.

  Example 2,  sees the export dialog box.  His home directory is C:\Program
Files\AR System\User and has crpe32.dll in C:\ProgramFiles\ARSystem\User.

  Example 3,  sees the export dialog box.  His home directory is
C:\Documents and Settings\userid\Application Data\Ar System\Home\arcmds and
has no crpe32.dll file on his pc.
it___