Gordon,

You wouldn't want to use the "T" tables-you would use the associated views
that are automatically created based on those tables.

We're using SQL Server Reporting Services and we access the data directly
most of the time using the SQL ODBC driver.  Advantages are you have total
control over what is accessed and you are not using the Remedy threads.
Disadvantages are you will not inherit the Remedy permissions for those
fields and forms (that you will get using the ARODBC driver) and you have to
perform your own conversions for datetime fields, menu fields, etc.

We've built stored procedures for all of the common conversions and we
manage access to the reports within the reporting solution so the
disadvantages I've stated are not a real problem.  We are still using the
ARODBC driver for some of our reports as well.

Since I'm not a lawyer, I'll let some of the others respond.  In my opinion,
it's your database and your data-accessing it directly is your choice.

CRAIG CARTER

  _____