  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Reiser, John J
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2007 2:52 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Values of Radio Button Selections?

**
Michael,
I'm not 100% sure why your query can't find the Y. Alternately you can query
for 'Radio Button' = 0, if "Y" is your first entry.
Radio buttons/ selection fields are zero indexed integers stored in the
database.

So in your case "Y" =0 and "N" = 1
As for Check Boxes, boy where they ever a disappointment.
Check boxes are also stored as integers but you get NULL or 0, that's
unchecked or checked, respectively.
If you want many values as check boxes you need to create as many fields as
values that you need.
They haven't come up with grouping preference or better yet a binary coded
parameter so you only make one field and each checkbox has it's own
'weight'.
HTH,

John J. Reiser
Software Development Analyst
Remedy Administrator/Developer
Lockheed Martin - MS2
The star that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
Pay close attention and be illuminated by its brilliance. - paraphrased by
me

  _____