Yup unfortunately if you go through the ODBC, there might be performance
concerns on large data queries as it goes through the application layer..

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Shyam Attavar
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2007 11:56 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Question regarding "Date" field NOT the "Date-Time" field

**
Joe/Frank,

The BO universe has been setup a while back pointing directly to the DB
views & does not go through the ODBC Driver. I do not have the privilege to
change this at the moment, since that application is owned by another
department. Also, if the connection is through the ODBC driver, then the
reporting load is handled by the AR Server (along with the other load it has
to handle from the AR Clients) and not the DB directly. So, from a
performance stand point I believe the current setup is desirable.

If anyone believes that my understanding is incorrect, please feel free to
correct me.

In any case, understanding what the integer value means in the Date field
would really be helpful.

Cheers,
--
Shyam