Yes I have done table loops with a filter and yes you have to do a refresh
table as part of the work flow.

Roger

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:29 PM
Subject: Table Looping in a filter

Hi listers,

I am trying to loop though a table in a filter. First, is this even possible?
(I haven't done anything like this before)

I am trying to count the number of times something shows up in a table,
however, it is not working. This is how I have set it up

1) I have a filter that fires on submit/modify of the form that the table is
on:
  a) sets up some counters (outboundmessagecount = 0, loopcount = 1).
  b) Calls a filter guide with a Table Loop on the table I want to loop though.

2) The Filter Guide calls one filter (below)

3) Filter that loops through the table: Loops though the table if columnName =
"Outbound" AND loopcount < 3 (*I want to see if the first 2 rows of the table
are "Outbound" messages* *- this is the end goal of doing this - I want an
integer value with this number*).
  a) If Action - outboundmessagecount = outboundmessagecount + 1
  loopcount = loopcount + 1
  b) Else Action - loopcount = loopcount + 1

All I get is loopcount = 2 and outboundmessagecount = 0 , so the If Action
never fires. Is this because the table has to be refreshed before it can "read"
from the table? How do you do this from a filter?

Help.

Thanks,
Derek

-- Derek Fernandes