Hello,

I'm sorry if you are receiving this message twice. I've sent an incomplete one
accidentally and then recalled the email message but I'm not sure if it had
been already distributed or not :(

I'm trying to find out about possible options and issues with using a source
control system with our ARS version 6.3 servers. Until now I could not find an
up-to-date discussion in the Internet about this topic, where I can read a
comparison of alternatives such as ClearCase and Visual SourceSafe. I can
summarize what I've found as follows:

- ClearCase can cause several problems, because it does not comply with a
Microsoft standard API.
- Visual SourceSafe can cause problems because it's not really safe.
- CVS can be used with some kind of adapter program
- Source control may not worth the effort to make it work, since you can use
very limited functionality if every developer doesn't have own development
server.

Well, I've compiled a couple of postings from several sources and posted in a
wide range of date. Many things have probably (hopefully) changed since then.

What are your experiences with this? Where can I find up-to-date information
about problems or maybe a comparison of CC and VSS and the others?

PS: I've just received a confirmation from arslist that the previous message
was distributed. Sorry :(

Thanks a lot and the best regards,

Serdar Özcan
Siemens Enterprise Communications

iSEC - IT Services and Enterprise Communications
Software Engineer