David,
We have the same setup, though we are using MS SQL on a clustered SAN.
The Midtier, ARServer and AREmail all run on a Dell Poweredge 1650. It's
been this way for the past 3 years. Before that even the MS SQL server
was on the same box but the DB had a meltdown ( that was the worst
Thanksgiving week of my life).
One word of caution, remind your sys admins that the Cluster with the DB
must come up before the ARSystem server. When they did a scheduled
restart ( without informing me ) they let the ARServer box come up first
and couldn't figure out why the ARSystem Applications were not working
all weekend.

And to concur with Rick and Brad, it always depends on the needs of the
community and the load on the system. We only get 150 - 200 Helpdesk
tickets a day. With more emphasis coming on using Midtier I am actually
planning on setting up a secondary server to handle Midtier usage when
the demand grows.

HTH,

John J. Reiser
Software Development Analyst
Remedy Administrator/Developer
Lockheed Martin - MS2
The star that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
Pay close attention and be illuminated by its brilliance. - paraphrased
by me