10g client with 9i db should be fine.  This is how our environment is set up.

Axton

On 5/4/07, patrick zandi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
**
Rick,

Well looking at your configuration, I am a little curious to know why you
have a 10i client connecting to a 9i DB.
10 Does work differently than 9, and ARS 7.01 is expecting 10i client I
know, but it might be expecting a 10db too.

login as oracle on the solaris box. sqlplus as oracle -- login as aradmin
AR#ADMIN#
if this works.. great
su to ROOT on the solaris box. sqlplus  put in aradmin AR#ADMIN#
does that work ? if not...
check your 10i client /network/admin/ *  tnsnames.ora / etc..  Are they the
exact same as the 9i DB / network/admin *
if not.. then you are going to have connection issues.

Hope this helps some..   8-)

--
Patrick Zandi __20060125_______________________This posting
was submitted with HTML in it___