When I was in the Air Force we used Quick Test Pro- you have to record the
test, but you can then run it over and over for interested parties.

Chris

On 5/10/07, Chris Woyton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

** A simple test tool I've used many times is to automate the AR User Tool
with VB Script using the AR UT's Automation Interfaces. The nicety of this
is that you test from the User's perspective and not just at the API level.

Below is a sample script just to illustrate the method of doing this. More
functions, writing to a log file, executing Macros/Active Links/Guides, etc.
can be incorporated fairly easily. Refer to the API Guide documentation on
Automating the User Tool for more details.

Hope this helps,

Chris Woyton

'Setup the initial objects
Set oApp = GetObject(,"Remedy.User.1")
Set oShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

'Activate the WUT so that SendKeys will work
oShell.AppActivate "Remedy"

'Get a reference to the Form
Set oForm = oApp.OpenForm(0, "server_name", "HPD:HelpDesk",1, True)

'Set the initial Timer

intTimer1 = Timer()

'This will iterate creating 5 tickets with default values

For x = 1 to 5

'Get references to the Fields we need to set and populate test values
Set oField1 = oForm.GetField("Summary")
oField1.Value = "Test Value - " & x

Set oField2 = oForm.GetField("Description")
oField2.Value = "Test Value"

Set oField3 = oForm.GetField("Category")
oField3.Value = "Hardware"

Set oField4 = oForm.GetField("Type")
oField4.Value = "Memory"

Set oField5 = oForm.GetField("Item")
oField5.Value = "Memory"

Set oField6 = oForm.GetField("Requester Login Name+")
oField6.Value = "Joe User"

Set oField7 = oForm.GetField("Assigned To Group+")
oField7.Value = "Support-Hardware"

Set oField8 = oForm.GetField("Assigned To Individual+")
oField8.Value = "Francie Frontline"

'Give Focus to the Requester field to include Active Link lookup in the
performance test
oForm.GiveFieldFocus "Requester Login Name+"
'Send an CRLF to the field to execute the AL
oShell.SendKeys "{ENTER}"

'Optionally - sleep 3 seconds
'WScript.Sleep(3000)

'Submit the record and save the Request ID for the message
strReqId = oForm.Submit()

tmpMsg = tmpMsg & vbCrLf & strReqId

'Do the next iteration
Next

'Get the time at the end of the process
intTimer2 = Timer()

'Calculate the time elapsed by taking the difference bettwen the start and
end timers and dividing by the number of transactions
avgTime = (intTimer2 - intTimer1) / 5

'Alert with the results.
MsgBox "The average transaction time was: " & avgTime
'MsgBox "The following records have been created:" & vbCrLf & tmpMsg

'Here's an example of testing query performance.
'Get and open an initial query and set a timer

intTimer = Timer()
Set oForm = oApp.QueryForm(0, "server_name", "HPD:HelpDesk", "'Status' <
3", "", 2, True)

'Refresh query 5 times
For x = 1 to 5
oShell.SendKeys "{F5}"
Next

'Get end timer
intTimer2 = Timer()

'Calculate average time per transaction
avgTime = (intTimer2 - intTimer) / 5

MsgBox "The average transaction time was: " & avgTime