Jason

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brian Gillock
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 9:37 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Server to Server data transfer without DSO

**

Background:  I need to send several forms (data) back and forth between two
servers.  I'm not using, nor can I use DSO.  The first solution I came up
with was to create a table field and using the advanced feature (Table
Property tab), dynamically set the server and form names.  I also used the
form I was moving as the Sample Form.  This solution worked fine when I used
an individual table field for each form I wanted to move.  I simply did a
set fields for the server and form name from the "remote" server and
refreshed my table field and, viola.data.  Then I just walked through the
table and pushed the data to the corresponding "local" form.  This worked as
I expected.

The number of forms grew and is unmanageable with multiple tables.  So I
went through all my forms and noted every fieldID and field type I would
need to move and then created a backend form with all necessary fields.  I
then created table field (let's call this Table Field A) using my backend
form to create the columns.  Again I used the advanced capabilities for
server, form, and external qualifications.

Problem:  Besides the RequestID, I'm only getting one column of data in
Table Field A for any of my forms.

Troubleshooting Steps:  Ensured all fieldIDs and types matched.  I also
slapped on a table field (Table Field B) using one of the larger forms (Form
C) as the sample form and then stopped my processing after the first form
with multiple columns.  Table Field A still only contained one column's
worth of data, but Table Field B had both columns of data (the field ids
matched).  Huh?

Recap:  Table Field A, with 10 columns pulling from Form A (which has 2
columns of data I need) only receives 1 column of data plus Request ID.
While Table Field B, with its 8 columns pulling from Form A received both
columns I was looking for plus Request ID.  The only difference is the
sample form used in the table properties.

Thank you for any ideas or suggestions,

Brian

it___