From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Sent: Tue May 15 19:22:40 2007
Subject: Re: License Monitor

The extra fb server stats form is not to be confused with the
cumulative vs. individual queue logging.

If you just need counts and you are using OpenView, you may want to
look into the snmp capabilities that ars provides.  The snmp interface
serves basically the same information as the server stats form,
without polling every x minutes for the data and recording it in a
form.

The strength that a product like rrrLic has, is that it will evaluate
license usage on a per account basis.  I've never seen the product,
but based on what I've read and how Misi talks, it will show you
license allocation (read/fixed/floating), how many hours per a day a
user uses a license, etc. then make recommendations, based on those
account statistics, on how you can best allocate/reallocate licenses
to maximize the use of your liceses.

Axton Grams