You are going to have to work with the vendor on this one.  Sounds
like what my plugin server does when my ardbc plugin overwrites memory
it doesn't own.

Axton Grams

On 5/17/07, Ron Legters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm using a View form with ARDBC LDAP to get user information from
Active Directory. The form connects to the LDAP/Active Directory info,
and an escalation periodically pushes info from there to SHR:People.
It's working fine, except:

When I attempt to open the view form in Administrator, it clocks, then
says:
The AR System Plug-In server is not responding.  Cannot connect to the
system at this time.  Contact your AR System Administrator for
assistance. : RPC: Timed out (ARERR 8939).

After this, the form is not searchable in the User Tool. It also reports
that the AR System plug-in isn't responding.

At the moment I attempt to open the form in Admin, I get this in the
error log:

Thu May 17 11:24:38 2007  390695 : AR System server terminated when a
signal/exception was received by the server (ARNOTE 20)
Thu May 17 11:24:38 2007     0xc0000005
Thu May 17 11:24:38 2007  390695 : AR System server terminated -- fatal
error encountered (ARNOTE 21)

although the AR System server either comes right back or isn't down at
all, because I can search other forms while I'm waiting for the Admin
tool to time out.

The application log in Event viewer on the server reports:
Reporting queued error: faulting application arplugin.exe, version
7.0.1.1, faulting module arrpc70.dll, version 7.0.1.1, fault address
0x0000a03f.
and
Reporting queued error: faulting application arplugin.exe, version
7.0.1.1, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.1830, fault address
0x000224b2.

I've had the arplugin log on at 'full' level when I get the error, and
it doesn't show anything indicating the arplugin.exe is not responding.

I'm working with BMC Support on this, but my tech is apparently stumped
because she's having me try the same things we've already tried hoping
we get a different result.

The platform is ARS 7.0.1 patch 001 on Windows with a SQL db.

I'd appreciate your thoughts about where next to look for what's up with
this.
Thanks,
Ron Legters
Tools Administrator