Which flavor of linux is right for you all depends on your values and
comfort level with each distro.  The biggest differences between
distros seems to be the package managers.  They all use the same
kernel, albeit different revisions.

If you want to conform as closely as possible to the list of BMC
supported distros, use CentOS, which is basically a free clone of Red
Hat Enterprise Linux.

I am really starting to like debian, just because of their values and
package manager.  I'm not a big fan of the yum/rpm package managers,
just because you get into funny situations in how they manage package
dependencies.

I've run ARS on the following:
- stock linux kernel with CentOS
- stock linux kernel with Debian
- stock linux kernel with fedora
- OpenVZ kernel with CentOS
- OpenVZ kernel with Debian

OpenVZ is a (linux to linux only) virtualization method that
implements virtualization at the kernel level.  I really like it
because you only have 1 kernel running on the box, which is shared
between all vm's.  The desity of vm's you can get onto 1 box is much
higher for this reason.  It's great for development environments.

Axton Grams