KML = Knowledge Management Language

Rumor has (had?) it the language was an early attempt at trying to
create some type of artificial intelligence for making fuzzy logic
decisions.  I don't know what the real method to their madness was - but
there certainly was a madness to their method.

Still though it had some great features - like full control of
transactional processing and all elements of what was going on in the
system.  You could literally change anything you wanted to with it.  If,
of course, you wanted to type it out character by character, line by
line.  I think the biggest project we ever did added something like
100,000 lines of code to a base product of 200,000 or so lines of code.

I can still code in it if I have to - but it's like trying to remember
my high school French lessons at this point.

As for the reasons IBM/Tivoli "dropped" the EA/TSD Service Desk line of
products was actually fairly simple - they quit selling it.  They just
started bundling it with their standard Tivoli apps and didn't sell the
implementation services.  Specifically they refused to compensate their
sales people for the implementations for the product and they weren't
charging for the product itself so there was no reason whatsoever for
the sales people to do anything with it.  It quickly became shelfware
and nothing more.

Why Peregrine paid more than $10 for it is a mystery to this day.  But
then again Peregrine did seem to have some accounting issues :)