I don't know what you mean with "all ars clients". The usertool should
honour the tcp port settings if you set it at the accounts page and the
admin tool should do this as well. So on the clients there's no change
needed.

As I understand from you, BMC has identified a bug in the Mid-Tier reporting
part that doesn't use the port. So only for the Mid-Tier it would make sense
to set the ARTCPPORT variable. If your platform is a unix flavor such as
Solaris, you could add this variable to the startscript for the Mid-Tier
depending on what you are using.

On windows I think you have to set it on the Mid-Tier server as a global
environment variable, unfortunately. Upgrading the Mid-Tier should also help
if the bug is resolved in other versions.

So to sum up:
- Your server settings are OK, Register-With-Portmapper:F will make sure
it's not using the portmapper
- For the usertool and admintool clients you should add the tcp port in the
connection settings
- For the Mid-Tier you should either upgrade it or try to set the ARTCPPORT
to make the Mid-Tier use the tcp port, not the portmapper. In the long run,
I guess you'd be better off upgrading the Mid-Tier.

Hugo