From: Roney Samuel Varghese <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 10:50:07 PM
Subject: Re: Upgrading to CMDB 2.0

** Dear John,

I guess you remember all those extensions for Telecom and J2EE in CMDB 1.1 is
now not available with CMDB 2.0, however it has been organized in a much robust
way. Its built to tie with the OOTB ITSM 7 application involving Product
Categorization and Location information with the base class (BMC_BaseElement).
I guess BMC does say that CMDB 2.0 has a backward compatibility with ITSM 6.0,
however you would have to analyze the amount of effort it would take to
customize an application like CMDB with an additional cost of maintaining the
existing relationships with ITSM 6.0

Hope this helps

Regards,
Roney Samuel Varghese