ARSlisters - apologies for letting this slip.
                  I am ignorant about LDAP -
                  all I know is that we authenticate against the NT
domain, and that
                   the LDAP config forms do not have an entry - so does
that mean
                    we do or do not use LDAP authentication ?
I could not see anything in the Email engine debug logs, and at that
point gave up,
since I had to move on to other things.
When I have time I'll give it another try.

thank you everyone

Colin

ARS 7  ServiceDesk 7 MSSQL2005 Windows2003

Colin Chapman, UNCW

Phone: 910-962-7356

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]