-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rick Cook
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 12:26 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Hiding Status Values

Perhaps a better solution would be to make the Status field RO, and have
the
status of a record advanced with buttons that would be enabled under
conditions defined by workflow.  Both the buttons and the Active Links
behind them can have different permissions, so that advancing to
different
status values could have different work rules for different groups.

It's potentially a lot of work to set up, but would do the job.

Another way that might be less functional, but is also less work, would
be
to have the visibility of the field (RW vs. RO) be affected by different
Active Links (change fields actions) depending on the Group membership
of
the user.  That would lock a group from changing the status FROM a
value,
but only workflow could define what it could be changed TO.

Rick