  From: Joe D'Souza [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 7:59 PM
  To: ARS Discussion List
  Subject: RE: Design???? Feature??? Oversight?? Bug?

  Roger,

  I wouldn't change permissions as such. It looks like with every patch,
there are some very basic fundamental changes to the ITSM application
functionality. From the past fixes I have seen these changes range from
things like definition change on forms, to changes in qualification on table
fields etc.

  If you modify the current existing OTB workflow, you are likely to end up
with additional work if you need to install any of the patches that may be
released in the future to address the same issue. You would be better off
reporting such issues and leaving them untouched unless they render your
system unusable if not touched.

  Given that, I think Rick's idea is better than making a structural change
to the application even if it is alteration of permissions. Rick's idea
involves altering application data, which could be easily rolled back later
if a patch is released to fix the issue.

  I am totally with Christopher.. I did question similar design features
with their frontline and got pretty vague responses on why its been done
that way. One such area is the fact that they have the addition of site
information unique to a company meaning that 2 companies can't really share
the same site. The good news though is that you can work around that and go
to the site configuration and add another company to that site. This could
have been better designed to have it work both ways to either add a site to
2 companies or to go to that site and make 2 companies associated with that
site.

  At least at the incident and problem application level they haven't
enforced that restriction and kept it just at the data configuration level.

  In today's world do they really think its a good idea to restrict a site
to just one company?? That's hardly practical. Count the number of companies
that are merging where they operate as individual companies but might have a
common sales department.

  We too have our test read users receiving a number of notifications that
they don't have access. I don't even want to raise a issue regarding that as
I'm pretty sure what their response would be.. Or maybe I should to be one
of the many who might have already raised this as an issue so that they do
something about it..

  Joe