Dear Patrick,
                  Ask your DBA to check the archive logs which might have
run out of extents. All Diary fields are created as clobs on an Oracle
database. What I would suggest is to recreate the diary field after adding
Oracle-Clob-Storage-In-Row to T in the ar.cfg file, which would allow all
the new clob fields to be added as a row and disallow extending it by 1024
in the tablespace. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Roney Samuel Varghese