Windows.

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Kaiser Norm E CIV USAF 96 CS/SCCE
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2007 2:26 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Linux Rules TOP 500 Supercomputers - Not a single Window$
supercomputer

Much of the "bloat" you're referring to, Pat, is a result of Microsoft's
attempts to make an operating system that the average consumer wants.  The
average consumer wants 3-D user interfaces, high-definition graphics and icons,
windows that shrink and grow.blah blah blah.  It's a bunch of eye candy
designed to wow the consumer.

It's called making something the customer will buy.

Starbucks sells coffee because consumers want it.  If consumers suddenly wanted
lemonade, bet your bottom dollar Starbucks would trade in the espresso makers
for lemon squeezers.

The solution? Don't run server apps on Vista.  Run them on Windows 2003 Server.