-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert Molenda
Sent: June 18, 2007 10:51 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Get Out-of-Office Message From Exchange

Hello Stephan;

Interesting that it stores the OoO message as a hidden email, I would have
thought it would be a separate attribute for the user in Exchange.
Eh' but that would be way toooooo logical.

Since it is a standard message, you will have to grant 'mail read'
access to all mailboxes, and well, that is not good nor easy to maintain as
accounts are added. Neither is adding a FULL Exchange Administrator account
permissions...

I will ask my exchange team to see if it is possible to create a
sub-administrator type permissions only.

I do know that Microsoft Communicator does show the OoO message for people
which you have added as contacts, which now makes me go hhuumm..

** HOWEVER **
If you would not mind "sharing", it would be good to pass the script on,
because I've been looking for a method of not sending notifications to
support staff if they are OoO and forget (like they always do) to set their
Remedy notifications to "None"...

Last time I tried this, it was not "open" and required mailbox access rights
:( of course we were on a different version of exchange at that time as
well.
** THANKS **

Thanks-n-advance;
HDT Platform Incident / Problem Manager & Architect Robert Molenda IT OS PA
Tel: +1 408 503 2701
Fax: +1 408 503 2912
Mobile: +1 408 472 8097
[EMAIL PROTECTED]