Out of courtesy to those who responded I want to at least let you know what
happened.  I commented out the "Changed-By-Another-User : T" line in the config
file, restarted the server, turned on logging and tried to recreate the
message, and couldn't.  So I figured the problem had gone away.  But then it
started happening again, so I restored the config line.

I've canned the problem for now, but I do want everyone to know that I
appreciate your suggestions, and will remember them if I ever find time to try
to solve it.

Thanks,
Dwayne Martin

Dwayne Martin