Ray,

Any ARS API based client is limited to the OS's where that API is
supported. A Web Service interface would not share that restriction.

So assuming that the target OS is a supported OS, then either works
about the same for submit operations.

The only other advantage(maybe) that I can think of with the Web
Services interface is that your Mid-Tier might have a pre-configured
"anonymous" user that the WS client could "use" while the API
interface would be required to supply username/password information
too. However I doubt that you really want to make a WS that can create
a ticket and be accessible to anyone who can find your Mid-Tier. So it
is likely a mute point. :)

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)