From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Rick Cook
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 3:55 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: RE: parsing email subject line to create/update tickets

Well, the biggest problem with the template methodology in general, and this
particular issue, is that of data integrity.  The data format and structure
must usually be an exact match to what ARS is looking for, or it won't find
a match.

Are your users going to be able to provide that nearly perfect level of data
integrity when it comes to the subject?  That sounds unlikely, given the
number of variant ways the same issue could be verbalized in the subject
line.  How will you deal with a subject line that matches multiple tickets?

Rick