one quick idea is to have Remedy SQL.log file show you how remedy does it.
Just query the guid field with the below part of the guid

On 6/21/07, brooksm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've created a SQL view from another SQL Server 2005 database. When I run
query on this view ins SQL Server management Studio, everything works as
expected. But when I do a SQL Set fields Active Link, I only get 29
characters in the field.  Here is the SQL that I used to create my view:

CREATE VIEW [dbo].[VIEW_ALT_ASSETS_USERS] AS
SELECT * FROM OPENQUERY([D-DBSERVER],'SELECT vc.[Guid],
     vc.[Name],
     vc.[User],
     sn.[System Manufacturer],
     sn.[Computer Model],
     sn.[Serial Number]
FROM vComputer vc
LEFT JOIN Inv_AeX_HW_Serial_Number sn
ON vc.[Guid] = sn.[_ResourceGuid]
ORDER BY sn.[Computer Model]')

My problem is the Guid field. Querying this view in SQL Server Management
Studio gives me values like this:
51A22A9E-2AE1-422F-B99C-53B841D38C92

But when I do the same query in my Set fields AL, I get this returned:
{51A22A9E-2AE1-422F-B99C-53B8

Note the "{" and the trailing 8 characters missing.

I'm stumped... Anyone have an idea?

Thanks
Brooks
the Answers Are"