Jenni,

The ars v6+ (maybe v5+?) API comes with the ability to encrypt (to RCA
encryption, 128 bit key) all API traffic without buying anything else.
There are a few ARS server config settings that drive the details:

Encrypt-Security-Policy
Encrypt-Data-Encryption-Algorithm
Encrypt-Public-Key-Expire
Encrypt-Symmetric-Data-Key-Expire

( and likely others factors/settings apply too)

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)

Love, then teach