OT: Joe,
we are struggling with one of the basic functions of EIE 7.0.01 p4
(ARS7.0.1 p2) and Discovery Service for MS SMS (2003).
We found several syntax rules for the function $KEY$ and $KEYLIST$ for records,
which we do not need in the vendor table (i.e. add or remove programs data).
Basic "conversation" works fine, we receive all records in our data
mapping correctly, BUT no change for limitation for unwanted records
from SMS.

We want to use in the data mapping tab, query sub tab, vendor query:
The query should eliminate i.e. "Security Update%" or "Hotfix for%"
The key is set to ResourceID and GroupID

$KEY$ != $KEYLIST$

But how I am going to place the expressions mentioned above?

Could you give me a hint, how to solve that? Or a source, where to
find some query examples beside the poor admin guide examples?

many thanks in advance for your support and

best regards

Martin

System:
Windows 2003 Server SP2