Hi Julio,

The short answer is that you can only trigger filters by submitting or
modifying data. Escalations are timed filters which you basically cannot
force to trigger. Active links are client side workflow objects and cannot
be "triggered" on the server.

But I would recommend you to look at the basic AR System concepts first and
then dive into the C or Java API's.

Hugo