I am trying to build a *simple* query function using the .NET API and
PowerShell to query Remedy for a value in a specific field but I am
having no luck. I spent the day googling, reading the C API guide, the
examples from the FTP site, a couple of vbscript examples, and reading
the majority of the .NET posts on the listserv but was unable to
locate a really definitive answer. I would like to be able to search
for specific values for a given fieldId, such as 1000000217(group) or
1000000161(Incident Id) in the HPD:Help Desk form. At this point I
have only figured out how use GetEntry to grab the values for a given
entryId below (I pulled the connection values):

$formName = "HPD:Help Desk"
$entryID = "INC000000071698"

# Create comobject to talk to Remedy and login to server
$ARServer = New-Object -comobject BMC.ARSystem.Server
$ARServer.Login($server,$username,$password,"")

# Uses BMC.ARSystem.FieldValueList to get items and is searching on
entryID
$form = $ARServer.GetEntry($formName,$entryID)
$form.Item(1000000161)
$form.Item(1000000217)

# Cleanup, cleanup, everybody cleanup
[void]$ARServer.Logout

I am thinking that this *should* be easy but it is definitely alluding
me. Is this even possible? TIA