Atul,

We have Outlook 2003 SP2 (with all patches), and use a similar process.
One of my emails is an HTML form sent by Remedy to managers to
approve/deny requests for access to applications or servers.  They
select their choice and click the Submit button.

The html form posts their selection to an ASP.Net application, which in
turn, updates the Remedy ticket. The only thing I see different is that
you call a JSP file and I call an ASPX file. I am not a Java developer
(yet), but it seems that it shouldn't matter to Outlook.

I know in Outlook 2007 Microsoft disabled the ability to post data from
a submit button in an html form email...directly within Outlook.  You
can, however select the option to view the email in your browser, which
allows you to post the form data from a submit button.

Something to check: In Internet Explorer, Tools > Internet Options >
Security > Local Intranet click the Sites button.  Are all boxes
checked?  Click the Advanced button. Is the server with the JSP file
listed?

Are you trying to Submit the response from the email Preview pane? It
has been my experience that html forms that post do not work in the
Preview pane, and I have to open the email first.

Are you using IE 6 or IE 7?  Are the results the same in both versions?

Stephen