-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of McManus Michael A SSgt HQ 754
ELSG/DOMH
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2007 3:20 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: FW: Logging changes

Sorry, forgot to include in the original message that we're on 5.1.2.  I
know there exists an audit feature in 7.0 that I think will do this for
me, and we have plans to upgrade in the relatively near future, but this
is apparently a priority.

Thanks,

Dear Listers,

            I'm looking for a more "elegant" solution to a new
requirement.  Currently on our incident form, we have a tab called
account management with about 15 checkboxes (Reset Password, Unlocked
Account, Updated Email Address, etc.) for ticket tracking purposes.  The
requirement is to track who, and to what these values are changed on a
submit or modify action.  To make these values meaningful, the only way
I can think of to satisfy this requirement is to have a filter for each
checkbox, perform a set fields action if the transaction value of that
checkbox is != NULL and set the action log to something along the lines
of $USER$ changed Reset Password to $Reset Password$.

            Here's where I run into problems.  First, when I use the
qualification 'TR.Reset Password' != $NULL$ it only detects the change
from not checked to checked.  I assume this is because a checkbox only
has one "value." (in this case, "Yes")  So I changed the qualification
to 'Reset Password' != 'DB.Reset Password'  This works, but now, when
someone unchecks the box, the action log reads mcmanusm changed Reset
Password to                       (blank value because the checkbox only
has the yes value)

            I suspect there's a better, or more elegant way to do this,
but I'm a rookie so I'm deferring to the veteran (and I say that
lovingly) community for any ideas.

Thanks much,

Michael A. McManus, SSgt, USAF
Remedy Developer