Hey Bob,

I beleive the BMC_Person class stores information about the people who
manage and depend on the other CIs in your environment. The First question
you need to ask yourself depending on your environment is Can People be
Configuration Items in your environment? According to me the answer is an
overwhelming "yes." People can and should be CIs because they represent an
organization's human assets. Therefore, the CMDB should include data about
the relationship of an event to the business customers who rely on a
service, as well as the relationship of an event to the personnel required
to resolve it in the incident management process. This relationship
information relies upon data about People CIs.

Because a person's functions can change often, all of this information can
get complicated. If someone gains additional technical certifications, that
person
can now assist on different types of events. Maintaining People CIs in your
CMDB can help keep all the information straight.

You might argue that most of these attributes and relationships are already
maintained in ITSM 7 using the People form however I believe that CMDB is
the right way to maintain these relationships which of course would be a
painful process for every company to go through and because of which I guess
BMC has given us an option of venting our thoughts of implementing the right
CMDB with ITSM 7. Hope this helps.
--
Regards,

Roney Samuel Varghese