Scott,

What issues were you seeing with the v7 client if you didn't upgrade
to 6.3first?

Thanks,
Susan

On 7/11/07, HARTWICK, SCOTT G CTR DISA JSSC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Rob,

At my previous location I did the 5.1.2 to 7.0.1px upgrade.

What I discovered along the way was you may need to install more of the
intermediate upgrades along the way. And don't forget to install the
email engine along the way also.

For example: upgrade to the lasted ARS 6.3 Server/email/admin/user, then
install the first 7.0x version of Server/email/admin/user then, install
the patchs for Server/email/admin/user along the way until you get to
the latest 7.0.1p3 (soon to be 7.1).

Although BMC keeps stating the latest version is cumulative. It may be,
but the various installers look for specific install paths and forms
from earlier intermediate installs. I regularly had to go back to an
earlier patch and do the the next patch instead of going directly to the
latest.

Same rule applied to 5.1.2x to 6.3x. When I skipped the email install
thinking I could just do the latest one once I got to 7.0.1x, it took a
while to undo what the installer couldn't complete because it couldn't
complete normally.

Hope this helps,
Scott.