Frederick,
The user in question has a User Preference record....with the Time Zone
blank, as are most User
Preference Records in our current system(I found four NON-null Time
Zone entries, out of many
thousands of records--all the rest are null).  Of course, whether the
Time Zone *should* be left null,
is another matter........

I changed my user preference on that server to our local time zone, and
the timestamps are now
correct in Vista--both IE and Firefox.  One could conclude that a
correct Time Zone entry will indeed
behave correctly with Vista; however, if anyone else sees strange time
behavior in Vista where
other Microsoft platforms are behaving properly, in the same Mid-Tier
environment, Frederick has
pointed us to an item worth checking.

The exact mechanism by which Vista interprets this timestamp
differently from XP is not yet
known to me, and probably will not be pursued---but, user beware!

**

Don W. McClure, P.E.
Systems Engineer
University of North Texas
dwmac_at_unt.edu
940.565.3287

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that
counts can be counted."
(Albert Einstein)

>>> "Grooms, Frederick W" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 12-Jul-07 1:00 PM

Question ... Does the user you are testing Mid-Tier with have a AR
System User Preference record? (And if so does it have the correct Time
Zone?)