If you're using ITSM 7 then I would recommend choosing a starting number
HIGHER than any that you've already used (kind of like you do with your
paper checkbook if anyone remembers what THOSE are :-) ).  There are
potentially CHILD forms that would reference the INCident number that
might get confused if the primary form were reset to ..0001.

If you're still intent on resetting to 0001 then make sure that you've
archived the primary and all the CHILD forms before proceeding.

Best of luck,
George

George Payne

Assistant Director, User Services