I have a Crystal Report that was originally in v9.  Now that we're on ARS
v701P2 I needed to upgrade it to Crystal v11.  The report saved nicely and
it does run (yes, somethings do work out).

This report has two subreports and everything is reliant on the Task ID.  I
have it as part of a macro attached to an active link.  You're on the task
and you click the button, and whaalaa, you get a Packing List report.

When we were on client v5.1.2 we just clicked the button.  But now on client
v701P3, a window appears and wants a Discrete Value, which is the Task ID.
Before we didn't have to key in that number, the macro filled it in.  How do
I get it to work that way in the new version?  I've searched the menu
options and help in Crystal for a clue.  But no clues are there.

We also get a message the first time we run this type of report asking if we
want to override the Embedded Query.  If we say No, you get headings and
white space.  If you say Yes, you get the what you expected.  Apparently
this Yes or No hold true for the whole session.  What is this about?

I need Crystal guru help !!!  At our last MWRUG meeting, one company
actually has a Crystal Reports person ... I was so jealous.

Thanks for all your help,

Susan

Side note:  The report we have with 14 subreports actually saved well in
Crystal 11.  Only had to delete a few fields that still existed on the form
but v11 didn't like and it WORKS!  I was so thankful I didn't have to start
from scratch.

ARS 701P2
Oracle 10g
Clients (many old 5.1.2v1348), moving to 701P3
Windows 2003 server

Susan Palmer
ShopperTrak
200 W Monroe St  11th Floor