Should [ String formName = "HPD:Help Desk"; ] be [ String formName =
"HPD:HelpDesk"; ] instead?   No space between Help and Desk.

Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of bswrchrd
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2007 11:57 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Question about EntryFieldValueList

I am newbie and trying to display the values in the fields associated
with a entryfieldvaluelist using the following C# code:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Text;
using BMC.ARSystem;
using BMC.ARSystem.Utilities.Common;

namespace BMC.ARSystem
{
    public class Search
    {
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            if (args.Length == 0)
            {
                Console.WriteLine("No arguments submitted");
                Console.ReadLine();
                return;
            }

            String serverName = string.Empty;
            String userName = string.Empty;
            String password = string.Empty;
            String formName = "HPD:Help Desk";

            try
            {
                serverName = args[0].ToString();    // first arg-the
key
                userName = args[1].ToString();   // second arg-the
value
                password = args[2].ToString();   // third arg-the
value
            }
            catch
            {
                Console.ReadLine();
                return;
            }

            {
                ARSystem.Server ARServer = new ARSystem.Server();
                ARServer.Login(serverName, userName, password, "");

                String qual = "1=1";

                BMC.ARSystem.EntryListFieldList elfl = new
BMC.ARSystem.EntryListFieldList();
                elfl.AddField(0);

                BMC.ARSystem.EntryFieldValueList efvl = new
BMC.ARSystem.EntryFieldValueList();
                efvl = ARServer.GetListEntryWithFields(formName, qual,
elfl, Convert.ToUInt32(0), Convert.ToUInt32(99));

                int i = efvl.Count - 1;
                int j;
                for (j = 0; j < i; i += 1)
                {
                    string entryID = efvl.Item(i).EntryID;
                    Console.WriteLine(entryID);

                }
            }
        }
    }
}

I keep receiving an error :

Error   1       'BMC.ARSystem.EntryFieldValueList' does not contain a
definition for 'Item'   C:\VS2005\Projects\RemedySearch\RemedySearch
\Program.cs     59      47      RemedySearch

What's weird is that I built a Powershell script that will retrieve the
data, everything is fine, but I would like to be able to compile the
code. I know I'm missing something but I can't figure out what is it. If
anybody can see it TIA.