        -----Original Message-----
        From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Opela, Gary L Contr
OC-ALC/ITMA
        Sent: Monday, July 23, 2007 1:54 PM
        To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
        Subject: Re: Remedy and Security

        **

        Shawn, if you are having problems like this, you really need to
check the permissions on your directories. You need to do a thorough
audit of them and make sure that they only have write access when
absolutely required.

        Also, make sure that the parent folders do not have write access
on the directories, or you could potentially have that user delete files
within that folder. With the proper setup, you should not have anything
to worry about from the points you've mentioned.

        I've participated in a thorough SOX audit on a UNIX remedy
system before, and we passed with flying colors. It focused primarily on
security permissions, and the ability to create user accounts without
permissions, the two points you stated below.